Mantis Sub is the only underwater housing for the Insta360 Pro and Pro2 cameras, allowing professionals to shoot 8K stereoscopic (3D) footage underwater using a production camera for the first time.
Manufactured in lightweight aluminium it has a depth rating of 90 metres. It features clean zenith and nadir for perfect 360 view, ports for hydrophones, ethernet live-streaming and mounting points for rigging and lighting.
The Mantis Sub is a 'smart' housing, with an on-board processor and controller to trigger record and stop functions, change recording states, and monitor temperature and vacuum status. A 7-colour LED lamp allows the operator to see the camera state at a glance.
Camera settings and a detailed log of the unit’s vitals are accessible wirelessly via an app. On board lithium-ion batteries extend the recording time of the camera. The Mantis Sub is live-streaming-capable and ROV-ready with a detailed integration guide.
- Vacuum leak detection for peace of mind
- Durable anodized aluminium body, neutrally buoyant
- Specially designed domes for clean zenith and nadir
- 7-color LED indicator shows camera status at a glance
- Underwater start/stop to conserve disk space and battery.
- Underwater on/off to conserve battery.
- 3x 18650 batteries to extend recording time.
- Easy setup with included App.
- 4x external bulkhead ports for hydrophone, ethernet, power, vacuum valve, etc.
- Clean nadir and zenith—full 3D/360 view, no black discs/occlusions
- 10mm port for observing Insta360 display
- Wifi for control, setup (surface), web interface to controller for remote control and log files
- Underwater on/off, start/stop
- Support for hydrophone in top bulkhead (M14 or M16)
- Support for Ethernet and HDMI connection through bottom M16 bulkhead for live-streaming / remote control
- Battery pack to extend runtime of Insta360 Pro
- Vacuum valve installed as standard
- Supported camera: Insta 360 Pro/Pro 2 (not included)
- Material: Anodised aluminium
- Colour: Black
- Safe depth rating: 90m / 300ft
- Buoyancy: 300g/10oz positive in saltwater, 200g/7oz positive in freshwater
- Dimensions (with domes): 250mm high, 218mm wide, 198mm depth
- Dimensions (without domes): 250mm high, 162mm wide, 144mm deep
- Weight: 2.2kg without camera or batteries, 3.7kg with camera, batteries
- External controls: Power on/off, record, stop, switch controller
- Batteries: 3x 18650 (to power electronics and increase camera battery capacity)
- Run time: 12 hours standby, 90 minutes continuous recording
- Top: 2x M14, 1x M16
- Bottom: 1x M16
- MOUNTING POINTS
- Top: 15x 1/4-20 UNC, 9mm spacing
- Bottom: 16x 1/4-20 UNC, 9mm spacing
- Front: 1x 3/8-16 UNC
- Back: 1x 3/8-16 UNC
- 6x domes, mounted
- 1x 2mm hex key for domes
- 1x O-ring kit
- 1x O-ring grease
- 2x Anodes, installed
- 1x Nauticam M14 Vacuum Valve II (push-button release) installed as standard
- 1x M14 port plug, installed
- 2x M16 port plug, installed
- 1x Camera tray with battery shuttle and Mantis electronics
- 1x Pelican case (suitable as carry-on cabin baggage), with custom foam
- 2x 2dBi SMA stub antennas (replace Insta360 standard to fit inside housing)
- 1x Ethernet cable
- Camera (Insta360 Pro or Pro2)
- SD/mSD cards for Pro/Pro2 (7x cards required)
- Li-ion batteries (3 x 18650)
- Battery charger for 18650 batteries